Posts for tag: Tooth Replacement
The American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) reports that dental implants become more and more popular with each passing year. Why is that? In the experience of your East Lansing MI dentist, Dr. Thomas Faiver, popularity is not the issue. Simply put, dental implants are the most realistic tooth replacement option available today.
Why Choose Dental Implants East Lansing, MI
A dental implant permanently replaces a missing tooth from roots to crown. Made of bone-friendly titanium, the rough-surfaced implant screw lives in the jaw bone--not on top of it as other tooth replacements do.
This in-the-jaw residence exercises the bone, keeping it strong, wide, and high, avoiding the deterioration of the alveolar ridge which occurs after tooth loss. Accordingly, speech remains clear, the dental bite is proper and facial features appear full and youthful. Plus, almost 100 percent of your biting and chewing power returns, reports Dear Doctor.
Lastly, dental implants may restore smiles in fully edentulous patients. Once examined and imaged by their East Lansing MI dentist, people with limited dentition or no teeth whatsoever may receive multiple implants to support partial or full dentures. These patients enjoy the same bone-building benefits, facial contours, and oral function as single-implant recipients.
Other benefits of dental implants
Here are the reasons for choosing dental implants East Lansing, MI:
- Dental implants cannot slip, slide, or fall out, and you won't need any adhesive, relining, or refitting.
- You simply brush and floss implants just as you do your natural teeth.
- Implants motivate smokers to quit so implant sites stay healthy.
- These artificial teeth can--and usually do--last a lifetime, making these prosthetic truly permanent.
- They are cost-effective, rarely needing replacement.
- The entire evaluation, placement, and restoration process happens at Dr. Faiver's East Lansing MI office. Your dentist has placed dental implants successfully for years and will provide the follow-up care you need to keep your new teeth beautiful, functional, and durable.
- People of all ages--from teens through adults in their senior years--may receive and enjoy dental implants.
Dr. Thomas Faiver will tell you all about dental implants and how they can help you have a fully restored smile. Call his East Lansing MI office to arrange your consultation. Your dentist has been practicing in his hometown for 30 plus years! Call today: (517) 351-7222.