Are you unhappy with the way your smile looks since you've lost one or more teeth? Your dentist in East Lansing, MI, Dr. Thomas Faiver, can help you fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants.
Implants restore your tooth from top to bottom
Thanks to dental implants, it's possible to replace your missing roots and the crowns, or top parts, of your teeth. Implants are tiny, screw-like posts added to your jawbone during minor oral surgery that replaces your roots. Dental implants become firmly attached to your jawbone during a process called osseointegration and are just as strong as your natural tooth roots.
After your implant osseointegrates, it will provide a secure, stable foundation for your new dental crowns. Crowns are made from impressions taken in the East Lansing, MI, dental office and look just like natural teeth. Crowns and dental implants are attached with a small connector called an abutment and function just like the teeth you lost. No matter how many teeth you've lost, dental implants can help you improve your smile.
Dental implants offer important benefits for your smile
Implants provide several advantages that may make them a good option for you, including:
- A Comfortable Restoration Choice: Because your crowns are securely attached to your implants, they won't slip or slide or irritate your gums.
- No Biting Problems: Eating a variety of healthy foods can be a challenge if your new teeth decrease your biting power. Luckily, that's not a problem with dental implants. Your roots give you plenty of power to chew hard, sticky or tough foods.
- A Long-Lasting Option: Once your implants osseointegrate, they'll probably last your entire lifetime.
- Easy Care: Daily brushing and flossing will keep your dental implants in good condition.
- No Jawbone Consequences: The loss of tooth roots decrease stimulation the jawbone needs to remain strong and healthy. If you don't replace your roots, your jawbone may begin to shrink. Eventually, the bone may not be able to support your teeth and muscles. As a result, your teeth could loosen, or the muscles in the lower part of your face might begin to sag. Dental implants provide constant stimulation for your jawbone, helping you avoid these issues.
Complete your smile with dental implants! Call your East Lansing, MI, dentist, Dr. Faiver, at (517) 351-7222 to schedule your appointment.