Do you wish your smile was more attractive? Thin restorations called veneers may offer the ideal solution to your smile issues. Your East Lansing, MI, dentist, Dr. Thomas Faiver, can help you improve your appearance with veneers.
Have an imperfection? Hide it with a veneer
Veneers conceal imperfections and flaws under a thin layer of porcelain. No thicker than a fingernail, the restorations look just like tooth enamel and feel completely natural. Veneers are attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement and are used to hide flaws and change the shape and length of your teeth.
Unlike some cosmetic options, veneers don't require extensive changes to your teeth. In fact, your dentist may only need to remove a tiny amount of enamel before you receive your restorations.
Veneers can help you improve your appearance if you have any of these flaws
Veneers provide an excellent way to keep flaws hidden and are often used to:
- Eliminate Annoying Gaps Between Teeth: Closing the gaps between your teeth can be as simple as taking advantage of veneers. Veneers are a good option if you have slight gaps. Large gaps may require orthodontic treatment.
- Lengthen Teeth: A few short teeth can make your smile look uneven. Veneers help you ensure that all of your teeth are the same length.
- Improve Tooth Shape: It only takes one oddly shaped tooth to disrupt the symmetry of your smile. Veneers improve the shape of twisted, crooked and other unusually shaped teeth.
- Conceal Discolorations: Do you have one tooth that's darker than the others due to trauma, tetracycline use or another issue? Thanks to your new veneer, your discolored tooth will now look like all of your other teeth.
- Hide Imperfections: Wear and tear can cause chips and shallow cracks in the fronts of your teeth. Unfortunately, this type of minor damage is very noticeable. Veneers cover common tooth flaws, helping you boost your smile.
- Keep Your Smile Bright and White: Veneers offer long-term whitening benefits. They're available in any shade of white you want, won't stain and will last 10 to 15 years or longer.
Transform your smile with veneers. Call your dentist in East Lansing, Dr. Faiver, at (517) 351-7722 to schedule your appointment.